Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"Res Luk Ra'auf!"

People are probably very aware of my obsession with Star Wars. To me it's not necessarily about the movies, or the toys but about a great time in my life and a lot of my love for Star Wars is clamoring to get just a little taste of that. I still have my Darth Vader case full of all the figures I got as a kid and I would say for about 90% of them I can tell you a little story about the circumstances of which I got them - maybe even the time of year I got them and in some cases even the weather of that day. It's like I was so laser focused on my action figures that my brain took a little snapshot of everything going on around me. One figure I remember specifically getting was Bossk. For people not familiar with Star Wars lore, Bossk was a bounty hunter hired by Darth Vader along with Boba Fett, Zuckuss, IG-88, 4-LOM, and Dengar, to track down the Millenium Falcon and his occupants.
He was only shown on screen for a couple seconds, but I just remembered loving his design, especially the colors of his space suit. My memory involving me getting Bossk was that my mom, who was an occupational therapist went to Pittsburgh for some sort of seminar and we had to pick her up at the airport. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly the chain of events, but it literally felt like she got off the plane, opened up her yellow carry-all, and plunked good 'ole Bossk down in my hands, as if getting it to me was extremely important. I think this was actually even before the movie had come out so I really had no idea who he even was, but just remember thinking he was the greatest thing in the world (next to Boba Fett of course). I wonder how long it took me to rip him out of his package?
p.s. I just added an original watercolor painting I did of Bossk to my online store. Check it out.... Bossk original watercolor painting

No comments: