Saturday, December 19, 2015

Focus

I think as a still struggling freelance illustrator, I have a tendency to focus on the worst aspects of the life as an artist - the slow times, frequent rejection looking for new work, and some of the frustration that goes along with having to compromise on your vision during the process. But I think I'm going to try focusing on some of the really great clients I've worked with over the years and showcase some of the work I've done for them. First up - Joe's Barbershop Chicago. I began doing work for them in 2011, when a mutual friend suggested me for posters advertising their yearly Hangover Shave Sunday events. For the past 4+ years in addition to creating posters for HSS events, I've also created posters for other shop sponsored events, as well as t-shirts, various sticker designs, and odds and ends. Kind of like the Giant Peach stuff work, it becomes a challenge coming up with new ideas for what is essentially the same event/same subject matter but between Joe and I we can usually come up with something. Personally, I still really love this first poster I did.
Here's a little sampling of the many posters I've done over the years for Joe's Barbershop as well as a little video I put together.....
Be sure and check out the Joe's Barbershop Chicago website to find out more about this great family owned business as well as pics from the various event they host......

No comments: