Monday, January 4, 2016

Anarchy Eyewear process

Back in 2012 I collaborated on a pair of sunglasses with Anarchy Eyewear and here's some of the process pics from it.
One other direction was a badass zombie killer lady similar to one I had done earlier for Manglaze nail polish....
Of the three directions, the art director liked the Zombie Killer one the best, so then I started to develop it further...here's some of the ideas I was noodling around with....
Next I inked my lineart for both the bag and the frames
Eventually, after getting the line art inked, I began to work on the computer and experiment with some different approaches for the frames....this was a balancing act between wanting to make my artwork prominent , but not distracting. My concept for the arm graphics was as if you were surrounded by zombies, the reflection of them all around you...one of the options I had was to place the graphics on the inside of the glasses and in the end I decided that was best.
Heres some process pics from the coloring of the bag graphics....
And the final image for the bag....
and the final product....
If anybody is interested, line art for this project is for sale on my shop as well as prints.......

No comments: