Wednesday, January 14, 2009

8 years

So I just realized yesterday that as of a couple days after Christmas, I have been a freelance illustrator for 8 years now. A lot of stuff has happened both good and bad along the way, but I wonder how my life would be if I wouldnt have gotten fired from that crappy art manufacturing job right after Christmas 2000. I've been taking a break from art the past month so I could work on a new portfolio, website, and other promotional stuff and for the first time in awhile, I've been able to look at all that work (over 100 pieces not including all the hours of sketching to get to those finals) with a fresh eye and a little bit of pride. I want to take this time to thank all the people who have taken a chance on me and trusted me to do work for them, especially the ones in the beginning and I look forward to 8 more years.

No comments: