Friday, January 12, 2007

Busy week....


Well I managed to get quite a bit done this week...I think taking December easy helped me recharge a little, plus a new sketchbook and mechanical pencil has got me inspired - it's the little things I guess......anyway, first I had to get this illustration squared away for an upcoming Incubus poster...I started off first drawing the entire illustration and then simply used the lettering to censor it...it went through a bunch of different color incarnations, but in the end I settled on purple to kind of get across the creepiness of the image (sidenote: that dark purple registered as PMS 666)...as for the image minus lettering, I'm debating whether to make an art print out of it.....Next I gave some lovin' to my sketchbook and worked on a piece for an upcoming show....and last but not least I worked on a collaborative piece with fellow GP'er Aye Jay's 5 year old son Cohen. Basically Cohen does a quick background painting and then passes it off to different artists to add on to...of all the things I've worked on lately, I would have to say this was the thing I enjoyed the most....just drawing for the fun of it....
Here's a link to some of his previous collaborations....look forward to getting his take on my drawing.....



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Cohen's part
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Final piece
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Update: Already got some feedback from the Great Collaborator

"i love it because it's a space monster, and theres only one more thing...thank you."
-cohen

Tomorrow, hopefully I can post pictures of my Googar Munny if I manage to get it clear coated...depends on the weather, which I have a feeling is going to be SHITTAY.

No comments: